The Public Health Engineering Department is dealing with Planning, Investigation, Execution and Operation and Maintenance of both Urban and Rural Water Supply Schemes in the State. In addition, the Department is also looking after Imphal Sewerage project and Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin) in the State.
The Chief Engineer is the overall in charge as Head of Department who is directly assisted by:
- 1 Engineer Officer, looking after the Technical section.
- 1 Administrative Officer, looking directly after the administrative section
- 1 Deputy Financial Advisor, looking after the Account section of the Department.
The Additional Chief Engineer works under the Chief Engineer.
There are 4(four) Superintending Engineers, who overall supervise the works of 19 divisional level Executive Engineers in various districts.
1 Director(CCDU) looking after the Swachh Bharat Mission(SBM).
Each Executive Engineers is assisted by no. of Assistant Engineers, Section officers, field staff and establishment section etc.
Divisions under Superintending Engineers Planning and Monitoring
- Mechanical and Evaluation Division
- Mechanical and Electrical Division
- I.P.D Division
- Imphal West PHE Division
- Imphal East PHE Division
Divisions under Superintending Engineers Urban Circle
- Drainage and Sewerage Division
- Water Supply Maintenance Division No-I
- Water Supply Maintenance Division No-II
- Water Supply Project Construction Division
- Water Supply Store Division
Divisions under Superintending Engineers Rural Circle No-I
- Churachandpur PHE Division
- Chandel PHE Division
- Tamenglong PHE Division
- Thoubal PHE Division
- Jiribam PHE Division
Divisions under Superintending Engineers Rural Circle No-II
- Kangpokpi PHE Division
- Ukhrul PHE Division
- Senapati PHE Division
- Bishnupur PHE Division